Termites are known as “silent destroyers” and for good reasons! These hungry little pests can go undetected in places like windows, door frames and the foundation of your home for long periods of time. According to statistics, termites cost Torontonians an estimated $120 million in property damage each year – which isn’t good news if you’re a local homeowner. It’s important to educate yourself on the warning signs of termites to avoid an infestation and costly repairs.
Top Termite Warning Signs
Termites should never be welcomed house guests. Homeowners should be on the lookout for:
- Clicking Sounds. When termites sense that they’re in danger, they will make a distinctive clicking sound to warn other termites.
- Termites Droppings. Known as “frass,” termite dropping will appear where termites have nested.
- Hollow Sounding Timber. Some termites will completely eat away at wood from the inside out, resulting in hollowed-out timber.
- Hard-To-Open Doors and Windows. Termites create a high humidity environment that often causes door and window frames to warp.
- Mold or Mildew Scents. Termites produce a musty smelling odour.
- Flying Termites. Termites will fly when they’re ready to reproduce and create a new nest somewhere else. Flying termites are not a good sign for homeowners!
- Water Damage. Areas that appear to be suffering from water damage could actually be a result of a termite infestation. Please follow this link to Wiki How for visuals to help determine if you have a termite infestation.
Are you seeing signs of termites in or around your home? Don’t let the damage get any worse! The only way to ensure you rid your home of termites is to call an experienced Toronto pest control professional. Call us at Advantage Pest Control today at 416.840.4040 for a free consultation for Toronto termites, Toronto bed bugs, Toronto carpenter ants and more!
Leave a reply