1. Make sure you really have bed bugs! It is common to mistake bed bugs for fleas or ticks. You can compare your insect to pictures online.
2. Don’t Throw everything away! Bugs are annoying but not impossible to get rid of. Don’t dispose of your belongings because most of them can be treated and saved in addition throwing things out may spread the bed bugs to other people’s homes.
3. There are many treatment options, DON’T PANIC! Pesticides are aggressive to work with, Integrated pest management (IPM) techniques may reduce the number of bed bugs. However if pesticides are needed, always follow label directions or hire a professional.
4. Clean up ! A cluttered home provides more places for bed bugs to hide and makes locating and treating them harder. That includes your bed sheets! Be sure to regularly heat-dry your blankets and covers.
5. Kill bed bugs with heat! Raising the indoor temperature won’t get the job done. Special equipment and very high temperatures are necessary for successful heat treatment. Bed bugs die when their body temperatures reaches 45°C (113°F).
Our bed bug IPM service is very effective when the infestation is large or if one service is all you need, we advise heat treatment. Contact us for all your bed bug questions, feedback, or to report a problem!
– Paolo Bossio