With termite season upon us, it’s important to know the warning signs of these pests! Last week, we talked about the different types of termites to look out for and precautions you can take to keep your home protected.
Here are some signs that termites are making their way through your house:
– Cracked/bubbling paint or termite droppings
– Wood damage from below (may sound hollowed out if tapped)
– A swarm of winged insects in your home (or outside, near soil)
– Discarded wings from swarmers, which can be found near closed windows or doors.
– Pencil sized mud tubes where the ground meets your house (or near a tree/shed)
Sometimes the signs are not so obvious and can be subtle. Home owners list their home as their #1 investment. It’s important to protect that investment as termites can cause up to millions of dollars in damage. Scrap wood in your yard is just as appetizing to them as the wooden support beams in your home. The key is awareness and maintaining a proactive approach.
If you have suspicions or would like to have your home investigated, call Advantage Pest Control today at 1-877-504-BUGS.
Leave a reply